On Thursday 31st march Michael Horovitz and Vanessa Vie presented Art Bermondsey Project Space with a
Beat Poetry performance
SHADOWS OF SPAIN
featuring words and lyrics by:
- Romantic Spanish poets – Galician Poetess Rosalia de Castro
- The Generation of 1898 -Unamuno’s mature poetry inspired by William Blake-
- Asturian poet, essayist, dramatist & philosopher Ramon de Campoamor
- Generation of 27 — Federico Garcia Lorca’s Dark Sonnets & Poet in New York
- SPANISH CIVIL WAR —W H Auden, George, Ernest Hemingway, resonances from Picasso’s Guernica, the Bloomsberries & the International Brigade
- POST CIVIL WAR – Pablo Neruda, Christopher Logue, Allen Ginsberg, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Andrei Voznesensky, Geraldine Monk, along with other reverberations of Gongora & Goya
with special guests Isabel Del Rio and Carlos Puente who recited their own poetry in Spanish and English.
The event marked the end of the debut London exhibition by Carlos Puente.